Colorado Histo-Prep is managed by Dr. Rajan S. Bawa. Dr. Bawa has over 20 years experience in the pharmaceutical and biomedical device Industries. His broad based background while working for several multinational companies in increasingly responsible roles has equipped him well to direct and coordinate the diverse activities of a modern pathology laboratory. In particular, Dr. Bawa’s extensive training in ISO9000 has left him with a sensitivity to instilling quality and customer responsiveness throughout the organization.
- B.E., Chemical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India, 1977
- *M.S., Biochemistry and Metabolism, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. 1981
- *M.E., Chemical Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. 1981
- *Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 1992
*Both Dr. Bawa’s Masters as well as Ph.D. theses involved conducting microstructural investigations of complex polymeric and macromolecular structures. This included light microscopy, Nomarski (Differential Interference Contrast) and electron microscopy.
Summary of Experience
- Atrix Laboratories, Fort Collins, CO (1996-1999)
Director of Pharmaceutical Product Development. Managed Analytical Chemistry, Product Development and Process Development Functions to develop several innovative injectable and topical formulations for US and European registration. Involved significant interaction with the FDA.
- Alcon Laboratories, Fort Worth, TX (1993-1996)
Associate Director of Drug Delivery & Formulations Research (1993-1996) Managed Analytical Chemistry, Product and Process Development Functions to develop novel in-situ gelling systems for the controlled delivery of pharmaceutical agents.
- Bausch & Lomb, Rochester, NY ( 1984- 1992)
Manager, Advanced Product Development Manager, New Concepts Development Senior Scientist. Led multifunctional teams responsible for process and product improvement. Developed innovative products containing anti-infective biomolecules and directed activities of chemists and engineers
- Hoffman La Roche, Nutley, NJ (1981-1983)
Research Engineer. Investigated skin permeation kinetics of prostaglandins and interferon for transdermal systems using mice, rat and cadaver skin.
Patents and Publications
- Dr. Bawa has over 15 patents
- Dr. Bawa has over 25 publications